Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Half Dozen - Books that Changed My Life

In addition to my love of photography, books have always played an important role in my life. I even spent a few years working in a library!  I wanted to share a few books that really had an impact on me. Here they are...


Live the Live you Love by Barbara Sher was one of the first books I read years ago when I had no idea what my career path would be. It really helped inspire me and helped me find the courage to go after a career in the arts. 

Clean House Clean Planet by Karen Logan was a breakthrough book in the field of green and healthy cleaning. After I read this, I stared making my own natural cleaners and air fresheners. It has great recipes for cleaners and detergents, tips and facts.

Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez, and Monique Tilford is another great thought inspiring book. I knew I wanted to leave the corporate grind after reading this! Although I don't follow all the suggestions in the book, I have tried to stop using credit and I am very aware of where my cash is being spent.

Art & Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland by is one of those little books that pack a lot of punch. Any person in a creative field will benefit from reading this one. And more than once!

It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be by Paul Arden is one I think I've probably memorized. This quick, easy and witty read gives lots of great insight. Although Mr. Arden speaks to the advertising industry, the lessons really apply to every creative field. It also makes a great gift!

The Success Principles by Jack Canfield is one that I reading a second time. A fantastic book that will help you to take action to reach your goals. A fabulous book for anyone that wants to start a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment