Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Half Dozen - Books that Every Career Woman Should Read

As I've said before I am an avid reader, mostly of non-fiction. So here is another half dozen books that are front and center in my office bookcase. These books helped me get promotions and raises. Before I was a self employed as a photographer, I had a number of corporate studio jobs. All of which were male dominated. These books were essential to help me get ahead AND get along. I really believe these are the must reads for any woman that aspires to rise in the world of work...any kind of work!


Hardball for Women: Winning at the Game of Business by Pat Heim Phd. and Susan K. Golant. This book is so essential I will probably buy every updated edition for the rest of time. I learned so much about how men operate in the world of work. ESSENTIAL!!

9 Secrets of Women Who Get Everything They Want by Kate White. I love Kate! This book inspired me and I love the simplicty of these very powerful NINE secrets.

The Good Girls Guide to Negotiating: How to Get What You Want at the Bargaining Table by Leslie Whitaker and Elizabeth Austin. The best thing about this book is how detailed it was. I was a little worried it would be boring after I opened it...so much TEXT. But well worth the read. Another essential book.

You Just Don't Understand Me: Women and Men in Conversation by Deborah Tannen. I found this book truly fascinating. Tannen is a linguist who has studied male and female conversations in depth. You will be amazed at what you learn if you pick up this book!

Hard Won Wisdom: More than 50 Extraordinary Women Mentor You Find Self Awareness, Perspective and Balance by Fawn Germer. Sometimes you just need some inspiration. This book is perfect for those times.

If You Have to Cry Go Outside: and Other Things Your Mother Never Told You by Kelly Coutrone. I love Kelly and wish I could work for her and get whipped into shape! I also loved watching her realty show...wish there was MORE! Thank you Kelly!


No comments:

Post a Comment